So you read my About Me page but still want to know what are my goals, what I am currently doing with my life, and what are my plans for the future. Well, you came to the right place (make sure you read my About Me page before moving on)!
What do you study?
I am studying Theology and Philosophy (double major) at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary (Undergrad). My Theological course is supplemented by Hebrew classes that I am taking aside from my credited classes, and free online courses that Intersect.org sometimes provide (I am currently coursing their Theology and Culture course. My Philosophical course is being supplemented by many books in which I am memorizing concepts and theories that have been proposed by both Christians and non-believers.
Where do you serve?
As a believer, I have faith in the local Church. I attend the Crossroads Fellowship Church in both Raleigh and Wake Forest campuses. There I also serve as a youth leader under the guidance of more experienced brothers and sisters in Christ. Also, I am leading a small group on Tuesday nights, so if you want to join us you will be more than welcomed. Just shoot me an email to let me know in advance!
What languages do you speak? Are you learning some new ones?
Being from Brazil means that my primary language is Portuguese. Since Portuguese has Latin roots I can easily read Spanish, Italian, and Latin. Since I am all about planning, I am studying German on my own and striving to learn it to have some advantage in my Doctorate degree that I so long for.
What are you doing after college?
Ask God. Really, my situation is totally dependant on Him so I can not provide a lot of information about my future. However, “if it is the Lord’s will” (James 4:15 [ESV]), I plan on pursuing a Masters and two Doctorates. Yes, two of them. I am giving my best to become a professor, and I want to be a complete one. Not a Rennassaince man, but a man that is ready to give a defense to anyone who asks for a reason for the hope that is in [me]” (1 Peter 3:15 [HCSB]).
Are you able to preach or give a speech when needed?
Yes! Proclaiming the Good News and teaching God’s words are my passion. So if you are looking for some help with that, email me right now!
Do you use social media? If so, where can I find you?
That is all, I do not really have a lot of free time.
Where is your portfolio?
Well, everything that you read here is part of what I am doing right now. Writing and thinking a lot. I hope you enjoy what you will find here!
What have you read and what are you currently reading?
I am currently reading/studying the following books:
Christianity Through the Centuries: A History of the Christian Church; Earle E. Cairns.
Theology for the Community of God; Stanley J. Grenz.
Trinitatian Theology for the Church: Scripture, Community, Worship; edited by Daniel J. Treier & David Lauber.
Knowing God; J. I. Packer.
Reading and Writing about Literature: A Portable Guide; Janet E. Gardner.
Style: The Basics of Clarity and Grace; Joseph M. Williams & Joseph Bizup.
Historical Theology: An Introduction to the History of Christian Thought; Alister E. McGrath.
The Formation of Christian Doctrine; Malcolm B. Yarnell III.
The Trials of Theology: Becoming a ‘Proven Worker’ in a Dangerous Business; Brian Rosner & Andrew Cameron.
One with God: Salvation as Deification and Justification (Unitas); Veli-Matti Karkkainen.
Salvation and Sovereignty: A Molinist Approach; Kenneth Keathley.
Foundations of Evangelical Theology; John Jefferson Davis.
- The Great Divorce (The Complete C. S. Lewis Signature Classics); C. S. Lewis.
What are the websites you use most?
- The Intersect Project – Great website that addresses a wide range of topics. From theology to art, from philosophy to culture, etc.
- Beliefmap – Amazing website/app that simulates an evangelism with skeptics. A MUST-HAVE to anyone thinking about fulfilling 1 Peter 3:15-16.
- Closer to Truth – If you want to get better in doing philosophy, you must save this website to your favorites.
- Desiring God – It is John Piper, do I need to say something else?
Five books that have shaped you the most (besides the Bible):
- Humble Orthodoxy: Holding the Truth High Without Putting People Down; Joshua Harris
- A Little Exercise for Young Theologians; Helmut Thielicke
- Slave: The Hidden Truth About Your Identity in Christ; John MacArthur
- Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine; Wayne Grudem
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business; Charles Duhigg
Five Youtube channels you recommend:
- DrCraigVideos and Reasonable Faith
- Alpha & Omega Ministries
- Exploring Hope
- Thomas Frank (for college students)
- STR Videos
I hope you enjoyed knowing a little bit more about me.
Feel free to contact me anytime you want!